If you think October is too early to start implementing the changes you want completed in time for the end-of-year online shopping season, come November you’re gonna have a bad time.
The good news is the fish are biting: conversion rates are up. But what do you need to do in order to position your business to capitalize on that as much as possible?
To avoid desperate scrambling in November, here are a few quick reads that can help guide you to holiday season success:
- Our own quick tips for the holiday rush (from last year)
- This visual reminder of the value of impressing your customers so much they come to you with their repeat business
- The basics of lead gen for ecommerce
- Preventing shopping cart abandonment
- Being mobile-ready, not merely Google compliant
And here are some longer reads for those who are ready to get serious about their preparations:
- This great post from Shopify on how much effort to allocate on acquiring vs. retaining customers
- A thorough description (also via Shopify) of what tactics to use post-checkout to improve customer retention
- A series of stats and quotes that can serve as a checklist to make sure you’ve covered all of your bases
- This thorough guide to SEO for ecommerce
- General tips about live chat
- Specific tips from Velaro about preparing your site for the holiday rush
But what about ecommerce live chat specifically? Before you try Velaro Live Chat (totally free trial can be found here), read a bit about what to expect below.
Ecommerce Live Chat for Conversions and Order Size
Deploying live chat to your ecommerce website increases conversions in two ways. First, it provides customers who may have a question about the product, shipping, etc. to get the certainty they need to complete their purchase, immediately. Second, for customers who would not think to ask for help, proactive chat can engage them, learn what they’re looking for, offer solutions, and take them off the trajectory of leaving your site, disappointed, and on the path to a sale.
Live chat can also increase order size for your ecommerce site. By recommending related items (for instance, batteries to go with a tool or toy), you are both providing thoughtful service to your customers and increasing your own profits.
Ecommerce Live Chat for Customer Service
Many are arguing that customer service is the new marketing. If that’s the case, live chat is the best tool you will have in your ecommerce marketing toolbox. Not only is it efficient for you (a trained live chat agent can engage four potential customers in conversations simultaneously), but it is also convenient for your customers – the average time spent in queue for live chat is well below that of phone or email average wait times. Moreover, customer satisfaction rates for live chat exceed those of any other channel.
Because live chat balances the personalization of one-on-one conversation with the efficiency of automation (for instance, making it easy to use pre-written messages), live chat can be extremely helpful to ecommerce customer service teams.
Click here to try Velaro Live Chatfor free.