Want a few tips to generate more leads and boost sales? Here are a few suggestions, old and new, to get you started or help you rethink your strategy.
7 Ways To Generate Sales Leads Online
- Stay in Touch with a Newsletter- Though newsletters typically don’t bring in new customers, they increase the odds that your current customers will become repeat customers. Don’t ignore what’s already in front of you. Newsletters are one of the easiest ways to keep in touch with your customer base on a regular interval.
- Give Referral Incentives- According to a recent survey by Jupiter Media Metrix, 70% of all Internet users are compelled to visit new web sites through referrals. How do you make this statistic work for your company? First, provide customer service worthy of a referral. Give your customers a reason to want to tell a friend or colleague. Second, implement a referral program into your business model. Only 18% of businesses in the United States have referral programs in place despite the fact that two-thirds of all economic activity is influenced by shared opinions about a product, brand, or service (according to the Word of Mouth Marketing Association).
- Reach a New Audience with Ad Swapping- Though ad swapping may be more appropriate for smaller businesses, it’s a good way to double or triple your regular audience for free. In an ad swap, you trade space on your business’ web site or newsletter in exchange for space on another business’ web site or newsletter. For best results, find a company that is similar in size to your own (to ensure a deal that is fair and beneficial to both parties).
- Get Interactive with Live Chat- We may be a bit biased, but the numbers are certainly in favor of live chat. According to Allurent, 83% of shoppers would make purchases if sites offered additional interactive elements. One of the easiest ways to incorporate interactive elements onto your websites is by adding live chat software.
- Host a Thought Leadership Webinar- Rather than endlessly cold calling potential customers, webinars bring potential customers to you en masse. A webinar should be a presentation about a topic in general, not an hour-long advertisement for your company. Inform your audience on a topic THEN suggest your product or service.
- Blogging- Are blogs really all they’re cracked up to be? If done right, yes. A good blog will create a sense of community. When there’s a sense of community, it’s much easier to target worthwhile customers. In addition, blogs attract web site visitors outside your normal range of customers. The more traffic, the better. For best results, fill your blogs with keyword-friendly phrases to optimize your presence on search engine web sites.
- Social Media- A blog, by definition, qualifies as a form of social media. However, in the world of network-based social media sites, there’s nothing hotter than Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. To use these platforms in a business sense, it’s important to consider the type of business you are. For a B2C operation, Facebook and Twitter offer great mediums for customer interaction. On the other hand, a B2B operation may find their time better spent on LinkedIn where they can target potential buyers in a much more systematic way.